Monday, October 22, 2012

Literacy.

Sooo yes, my book is pretty much everything I'd hoped it would be (not to brag or anything). However I can't seem to find motivation to make time to read it. When I start to read it, I can get into pretty easy. It's the starting to read is what's hard! BUT besides the point. I have learned that America is actually prepared for a biological weapon attack. I have also learned how the very first vaccines were experimented with!
insight: Smallpox was such a big threat to the human population, that now they is only TWO places it is held in containment: one locked freezer in Russia and on in America. Not only are they locked, but there is a decoy freezer in case someone tries to steal the virus! Crazy right? (HENCE THE NAME "DEMON IN THE FREEZER" LOL) This book is obviously teaching me some history as well as science. I like the science part better though, of course :) I am about half way done with Richard Preston's novel, and more than likely going to learn more about the history of the biological threat to the human race in 1979. WOO!


map of smallpox in the 1900s


picture of a case of smallpox from CDC files



True story! click below



citations

No comments:

Post a Comment